LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Family (Executive)     19 August 2015

Cases against a us citizen

My husband who is a US Citizen has deserted me. We both have been staying in India after our marriage. Kindly advice if the US Govt and Indian Govt can help me in this respect.

He is working in India and wants a divorce but doesnt want to pay a reasonable amout for my sustenance.

Kindly advise which are the cases i can file against him.

Need urgent help

Learning

6 Replies

SuperHero (Manager)     20 August 2015

US Govt and Indian Govt can't help. They have lot of stuff to do on there plate.

In India you can file as many cases as you can and roam around courts.

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     20 August 2015

If U are staying in India U can file a case for desertion if he has been staying away from U for a perioid of 2 yrs.

498victim.x   20 August 2015

Yes, Mr Obama, secretary of state and Indian ministry of foreign affairs are at your command. Order them to catch your husband to crush him to death if he doesn't agree to your norms. Ms Hopeful, find common ground to settle your issues. Because he is an US citizen, doesn't mean he can afford to pay you millions. Settle amicably, if you want to be smart.

Family (Executive)     25 August 2015

It seems most of are victims of misuse of law by females. I have my sympathies with you. I have a genuine case on hand but running from pillar to post to seek correct advice and guidance. I dont want to extort anybody but seek appropriate compensation as he has deserted me and enjoying his life with another lady.

prabhakar advocate (advocate)     26 August 2015

As your husband even though being UScitizen, as at present working in India, you can file divorce case in India and get it served the court notice without any hassel and the role of US Govt. does not arise.  You can file inteerim maintenance application for maintenance during the pendency of divorce case and once divorce case is decreed in your favour, you can move an application for permanent maintenance.  If he does not come to terms by mutual discussion for compensation, then you can follow the above procedure.    If you are also not working, then you can move S.125 cr.p.c. maintenance petition along with interim maintenance application and this case is permanent nature.  As he is working in India and his employer is an Indian company, you will be having no problem.

Prabhakar - Advocate

(M)9958670740

Legal Aid panelist -Central Delhi (Tis Hazari)

SAINATH DEVALLA (LEGAL CONSULTANT)     26 August 2015

The reply by Adv.Prabhakar is correct and act as he has adviced.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register