LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pavithra Vasudev (ZYX)     21 June 2022

Case in "evidence" stage

Hi, I have a criminal cas  registered in 2017 in one of the courts in bangalore under 417 and 498 A. However, the accused never appeared in court and after 5 years the case is now in Evidence stage and i have been summoned. Since i am no longer interested to take it further i do not want to go to court. What will happen if i do not attend the court even after multiple summons ? Please note i am the complainant here and over 5 years i have lost my parent and now alone which is the reason i dont want to continue anything further. Its definitely not a false case but lack of moral support that has made me decide this. Appreciate your advice.

Thanks.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     21 June 2022

Complainant can withdraw a criminal complaint filed in the court by appearing for the Court and making a statement that he/she wishes to withdraw the complaint. Withdrawing is a matter of right. The Court will record your statement, which is then signed by you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register