Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

s (Business)     21 January 2012

Cancellation of regular bail

Dear Shoneek and other members,

In a recent incident, a MM asked the counsel for the petitioner-wife (who filed for cancellation of regular bail granted to husband on flimsy grounds - threatening over telephone - not supported by any telephone call statements or any proof other than police complaint) to file an authority (Manjit Prakash and Ors vs Shobha Devi & Anr 2008 AIOL 842) that has been relied upon in the petition but is not on record. 

I know it is crystall-ball gazing to an extent - but is there a genuine need for all citations to be filed? Is the MM merely delaying the intention? Or is the MM considering cancelling the bail and hence getting the citations in order to justify the cancellation?

What is the most likely outcome given the above scenario - any intelligent, well-reasoned gueses?

Regards

LIB

Learning

4 Replies

rajiv_lodha (zz)     21 January 2012

He wants 2 take it on record n draw some inference from it...........nobody can predict what he will do.............let the cards open meanwhile

s (Business)     22 January 2012

In case the MM cancels the bail, am I sent to JC immediately? Or do I have couple of days? ;) What is the standard procedure?

Do I get to file an appeal at a higher court on the same day? next day?

DEFENSE ADVOCATE.-firmaction@g (POWER OF DEFENSE IS IMMENSE )     22 January 2012

Your advocate can file revision on same day, be prepared.

s (Business)     22 January 2012

The revision will be in a higher court, presumably, but would it be heard the same day? Also, is the husband sent to JC immediately on cancellation??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register