Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vijay   17 February 2018

Can we sue builder for structural defects


Greetings. I am owner of an apartment which contains 7 flats. The flat has structural defects like leaking septic tank, water tank leakage, water penetrates in to the walls of flats next to open terrace, structural wall cracks, etc.. The possession was held in 21 August 2015. We have first reported to the builder about this issue on 21st October 2015. The builder has now in Dubai and not responding to any of our emails and calls. Any suggestions on how to serve legal notice? Can the Indian courts summon him?


 3 Replies

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     17 February 2018

email lawyer legal notice to builder to do said repairs in 2 months time.

R.K Nanda (Advocate)     17 February 2018

if builder has any office in India you can file consumer complaint in said state CF. if he fails to respond to email legal notice.
1 Like

Vijay   17 February 2018

Sure sir. Thank you for the advice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register