LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bhagat Bhai   17 July 2019

can we file appeal against order of state government in civil court where property situated.??

my property is located in city A of State X

for this property my brother goes to revenue court of collector and then to state government for appeal...

he won in appeal in state X from ministry of revenue..

now where can i go to challnge the order of misnistry of revenue state X

at civil court of city A
at high court of state X
any one from above

plz give me suggestions


 5 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     17 July 2019

The matter is already under litigation and an expert is already handling the issue.  Discuss with the advocate on such grounds of appeal and taking his guidance on approaching the jurisdictional court, and the concerned Advocate who is expert in the issue and known to your advocate so that they can mutually discuss a plan of action for likely remedy if any.


1 Like

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 July 2019

Courts jurisdiction depend upon the value of proerty also. 

Pecuniary jurisdiction sets the pecuniary limits on the jurisdiction of a court.

Pecuniary literally means 'related to money'.

It works like this: all courts in the judicial hierarchy have pecuniary limits; and they can't entertain cases beyond their particular limit. For instance, if the pecuniary jurisdiction of the the district court is, say, till ₹1,00,00,000 - then it can't entertain a suit involving more money than that. In the same example, if the pecuniary jurisdiction of the small causes court is ₹5,00,000, then it can't entertain a case with more money involved. So, what if the money involved is ₹5,00,000 (i.e. it is within the pecuniary jurisdiction of both courts)? In those cases, the lower court takes jurisdiction according to the Civil Procedure Code.

1 Like

TGK REDDI   17 July 2019

Both the above Replies are not to the point.

Bhagat Bhai   17 July 2019

i am not fluent in it might look like quiz.. because of language problem

Bhagat Bhai   17 July 2019

plz answer in simple
can i go to civil court or high court??

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register