LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

hariharann   22 May 2015

Can the maintenance amount be requested for reduction

Dear Experts,

Today, in chennai family court my child visitation petition was evaluvated,  My wife and her lawyer asked the judge for interim maintenance without filing any maintenance petition,  The judge asked me to give some amount, since I have no other option I agreed and she asked me to pay monthly 10,000 rupees as maintenance and ordered to see my kids every sunday.  can I submit a request to revise this monthly maintenance by filing another I.A petition ?,  My wife lied that she doesn't have any property and source of income,  She has a worth of 50 lakhs property and her parents are getting almost 30,000 rupees as monthly rent.  Kindly provide inputs.

Thanks in advance!!!





 3 Replies

bsrao   22 May 2015

Thats not a big amount today. And you need to show adequate reasons for your incapability of paying such a HUGE money towards interim maintenance. You did not contest her claim earlier to make a compelling case now.

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     23 May 2015

you can appel in the court for reduction of interim maintenance but you have to show evidence of your expenses and why reduction in maitnenance has to be explained through your expenses and here your in laws income does not taken into consideration while counting the maintenance

hariharann   23 May 2015

Thank you very much for your inputs sir.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register