LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sekar   28 August 2015

Can sale deed be challenged

My grandma gave me power of attorney pertaining to her self-earned property (house) . I used the same and got the house registered through sale deed on my mother's name. The sale deed & power of attorney were both registered at registrar office.

Now I want to know whether any of her children (grandma children or grandchildren) can claim share on this house (viz registered on my mother's name).The house was not ancestral house. 


Location of house : Guntur City (Andhra Pradesh)


 12 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     28 August 2015

Repeated Query; ...................

niranjan (civil practice)     28 August 2015

If the property is sold during life time of GM.then no body can challenge.

Sekar   29 August 2015

Thank you Sir... it was sold when she was alive.... and by grace of god...she was alive for more than 8 months from date of registration

Pradeep Kumar (Lawyer)     29 August 2015

Dear Sir,

Your question is can it be challenged? Yes it can be. Aggreieved party has right to challenge it. Now the question it whether sale deed can be set aside or not? Then the answer is,It is based upon facts and circumstances of the case.

Adv.Pradeep Kumar Khatana,Gurgaon District Court.


G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     29 August 2015

There is no certainity.  Any sale deed can be challenged, if it is subsequently found that it was obtained through fraud, forgery, misrepresentation or undue influence, and the affected party can seek court to set aside that sale deed.  Nothing can be assured in case they are  tainted documents

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     29 August 2015

Nobody can claim. 

Sekar   31 August 2015

Dear Experts,


Thank you so much

Please help me further by informing what is the minimum criteria to get an injunction against tresspass by known/unknown persons. 

I wish to stop some of my relatives from coming and creating nuisance at my house.


Kumar Doab (FIN)     31 August 2015

You should preferably consult in person, an able lawyer specializing in family/property/revenue/civil matters, and show all documents on record.


Your lawyer can therafter advise you further and you can pursue the approach that is right for you.

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     31 August 2015

Your mother or you (as GPA Holder) have to file a suit for perpetual injunction and has to file an interim application for tempotary injunction restraining the tresspassers.  You have name all the persons who are trying to encroach as defendants.  If they already tresspassed, you can file a criminal case against them.  Since you reside in the state of AP which the neighbouring state of Telangana, you can contact me for detailed clarification. 

Krishna Murthy Pasupula (High Court Advocate )     02 September 2015

I am with Mr. Pradeep Kumar, in appreciating his statement.

Please file a police complaint for creating nuisance at your residence

Sekar   02 September 2015

Dear Experts Thank you so much

mohammad yaseen shah (private secretary)     27 October 2015

purchased land under proper survey nos. through registered irrevocable general power of attorney. final sale deed was also executed and registered. now after completion of all documentation formalities after a lapse of more than five years the seller has developed neferious designes and is disturbing me by raising claims that i have not sold this or this survey no. can he challenge the sale deed at this stage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads