Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vaibhav Dixit (IIT Guwahati (B.Tech.))     05 November 2015

Can information from government website be used as evidence.

Hello,

We are in process of initating a criminal case against a person for cheating.

The situation is following: I went in an agreement to sell with a person. The person declared, among other thing, that he is the owner of the property and the property is free from all encumbrances. As the date on which he was to deliver us the property approached, we realised that the person was never the owner and also MCD (Delhi) had booked the construction as unauthorised even before the agreement was made.

1. Now my question is how should I gather the documents relevant to prove that the person was never the owner of the property.

2. Also, on MCD website excel file is available which is the list of unautorised constructions (with the date of booking by MCD and the booking number). Can the excel file be printed and used as an evidence? (for example, by declaring it on an affidavit signed by me or getting it attested from a gazetted officer)

Learning

2 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 November 2015

File application to MCD and obtain list of certified copy of Unauthorised constructions identified by them under RTI Act. A simply format is provided.

Application dt.6th Nov,2015 seeking information under RTI Act

Before SPIO, MCD,............New Delhi

RTI fee: Indian Postal Order No..for Rs.10/- fvg.Accounts officer, MCD payable at New Delhi

Applicant:......................................(Name and full postal address)

Information solicited:

1)Kindly provide me  certified copy of list of identified unauthorised constructions at..........by..................(provide details as available in website including serial no.

Applicant.

Send application by local speed post, preserve counterfoil and postal receipt for further appeal.

Vaibhav Dixit (IIT Guwahati (B.Tech.))     06 November 2015

Thank you Mr. Prasad Sir for much needed detailed reply.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register