Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjay (Marketing Manager)     08 September 2014

Can i purchase land on my mother's name ?

Hi,

My Name is Sanjay Chavda and i belong to Gujarat. I am doing job in private sector and do not possess much of law knowledge. I seek expert's opinion.

The situation is that i want to purchase an agriculture land in Gujarat. I can not directly purchase because i do not belong to farmer family and am not the direct heir of the same. My grandfather (mother's father) owns agriculture land. But when my parents got married, my mother has signed the letter that she does not want any agriculture land from her father. Now the situation is that i want to purchase the land, but i can not do it because no one from out family possesses the agriculture land, not even my mother. Her name from KHEDUTPOTHI (farmer) has been removed when she signed the letter at the time of marriage. My mother has Four brother and Seven sisters.now this farm under the name of all this four brothers so please guide me what can i do for purchase land.

Can experts in the subject matter advise me what can i do if i want to purchase the land under my mother's name first and then transfer it to mine?

Appreciate a response.

Great Regards,

Sanjay Chavda

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register