LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ankit Khare   07 September 2015

Can i go to consumer court against samsung mobile

Dear Sir, i have purchased Samsung Galaxy Note 4 on 15th Aug'15 and within 15 days it starts rebooting automatically. on my first visit to Samsung customer care they told me that it may happen due to software updation then he reset the software and said it will not happen again. but after few days problem comes again and i submit my handset to service center and very next day they call me and said your handset is ready. i asked whats the problem they said there is problem with the motherboard and we replaced that. i said i want new handset as the device sell by Samsung is faulty.i refused to receive the handset. i don't want repaired handset. Job Centre Repair Number. 4200587216. They said you have to receive the handset we cant do anything.

Then Samsung try to offer me additional warranty.
i want to go consumer court.

Please help me. Regards Ankit Khare 


 8 Replies

Advocate Rohit (Advocate)     07 September 2015

during the warranty period if anything happens to the product, the company shall repair the same or replace the same if it cannot be repaired. In your case the company has replaced the motherboard. Hence, you need not worry. preseve the job sheet copy, incase the handset still do not function properly then you may approach the consumer forum against thecompany.



Adv. Rohit Dalmia



1 Like

Ankit Khare   07 September 2015

Dear sir,

thank u for your advise. 

one more thing i want to know.if i go to cosumer forum, how much time it will take.

vivek malhotra (Advocate)     07 September 2015

Ankit you are in which city.


Ankit Khare   07 September 2015

Sir..i am in durgapur west bengal...

Kumar Doab (FIN)     07 September 2015

Keep duly acknowledged copy of job shhet showing decscripttion of work done.

You have been given additional warranty on replaced part.

Still if you wish you may show all docs on record to a lawyer specailizing in consumer matters and approach DCDRF preferably under expert guidance of your able lawyer.

KS Johal   07 September 2015

I totally agree with Advocate Rohit. Once the company repairs your mobile your warranty is still there which means that if within 1 year anything happens to your mobile you could always take it back to the shop where you bought it from or alternatively you can contact Samsung service centre where they will look after you. You do not need to worry about anything else. Samsung is a large company and they look after their customers. They have a duty to either repair it or replace it. KS Johal

arun singh rathore (LAWYER)     08 September 2015

Dear Ankit 

You can ask for new handset from the company as it got error within fifteen days of purchase. Send a legal notice through some lawyer. If you don't receive proper or satisfied response then you can file your complaint before the consumer forum.

Ranjan (founder)     09 September 2015

You can go for consumer court but for this have you all the complaint number or documents before you did. Another way which i like to reccomend you take the help of pehredar cnbc, they will complaint on behalf of you and it will help you because they are media channel. So many people are taking help from them and solution after that you go for consumer court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register