IBC Code: Complete Overview and Drafting Workshop. Register Now!

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


can i claim in consumer court?

I have private disk meter (commonly known old electric meter) installed in my house. Acc. to govt. policy now new electrical meters are being installed in every houses. For previous disk meter i hve to pay no rent acc. to earlier rules and regualations but now for electrical meter installed by electricity department i hve to pay rent. Can i claim in consumer court for compensation with regard to money spent in buying my earlier private meter?

Note: The electrical department have already installed electric meter in house.


 4 Replies

Daksh (Student)     01 February 2010

Dear Mr.Deepak Mehta,

The answer to your query is in negative for the reason that you cannot go beyond the policy which stipulates replacement of old meters with new.  What you could have done was represented to the local electricity officials with a request of installing your own new version meter (after seeking adjustment from vendor at the time of buying new version meter). 

I hope this clarifies your query.

Best regards



thx mr daksh for advice. But electrical department is installing their own electrical meters and are not permitting any private electrical meter to be installed.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 February 2010

Mr. Deepak,

Let them install as per their instructions. Nothing happened to you. Take certificate from them about meter functioning.

Suri.Sravan Kumar (senior)     27 February 2010

i think u cannot approach consumer forum the reason being there is no deficiency in service or unfair trade practice adopted by the electrical dept.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query