LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

neeraj   14 April 2017

Can i apply for exam

Sir a fir under section 420 is lodge against me and trail is going no result from court till now i am 27 years old if i wait for case to be solved then i will spoil my while life . I want to know that can i fill the application form of psc and any other exam . And is they recruit me after clearing exam . As result of case can take 3/4 years and my all career is spoiled.

Learning

5 Replies

Samarpan (M)99958670740 (Free legal advice and legal aid cell)     14 April 2017

You prepare PSC,  Until you are get convicted, you deemed to be innocent as per law.  But do not conceal the fact of FIR and criminal proceedings against you in any form submitted to the employer.

neeraj   14 April 2017

Thank u sir, thank u very much . Can it may harm during interview to show about criminal proceeding.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     16 April 2017

"Until you are get convicted, you deemed to be innocent as per law."

I wish if it could really happen in servic ematters. 

The situation is 180 degree opposite.  You have to be poresumed guilty unless acquitted (that too on merit not on prcedureal /technical grounds).

So you cannot join as long as the case is pending or you are not acquitted on merit.

neeraj   17 April 2017

So it means i wait to spoil my career due to a false case and only due to delay of court.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     22 April 2017

Originally posted by : neeraj
So it means i wait to spoil my career due to a false case and only due to delay of court.

What choice do you have?

You can appear in anyexam/inerview for govt post.  If selected you can be sent for medical examination but offer of appointment will never be issued unless police writes "no case pending against the candidate"

There is also no provision to keep the vacancy open to wait for acquittal.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register