LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

A.N.VERMAS (lecturer )     25 June 2012

Can dowry case be registered after seven years of marriage

Dear Friends it is in continuation with my previous post.   As my wife has left us one year ago because my son is suffering from blood cancer. Both we are Govt employeees. marriage held in 2005 Feb. It has been seven years.Child is six years. I want divorce now.

1. Can she file dowry case against me or can it be registered ? 
  2. There is nobody else to save/ treat my child. can police arrest me ?
  3. What are the preprations to counter dowry before filing the divorce case ?
  4.  can dowry case affect my govt. job also ?

Learning

3 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     25 June 2012

Is there any base for you to think that your wife can file dowry case on you after so many years of marriage?ask yourself... As per your previous post your wife have left you and your ailing son because she does not want to waste her life by living in such a condition. She has also taken full responsibility of the second son till now. So where does the question of filing false dowry case come? Did she had a fight with you or threatened you in any way?  If not, then stop imagining things and have a talk with your wife and convince her for MCD. If she is of the view that she is wasting her life if she is living with you and the elder son then, she may be ready for MCD. If she does not want divorce then, go ahead and file divorce on the ground of cruelty.

A.N.VERMAS (lecturer )     25 June 2012

THANKS MAM I AM SATISFIED WITH UR ANSWER, THANKS FOR GIVING ME UR PRECIOUS TIME.

manish (cdsdfasd sdf)     26 June 2012

it can be registered even after 20 years. no time limit

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register