Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vaibhav negi ( graduate)     07 March 2018

Can bank accept alias name mentioned in aadhar or pan card ?

Hello  My mother getting pension of my father since 25 years , father had expired and served for the army as a havaldar rank.. Now at that time  my grand father furnished the nick name of my mother in the army records for pension as  “poonam devi”. My mother was also on state government job as a primary school teacher  and retired few years back in 2008  where her name is kala devi as per her educational certificates and records...Now these days aadhar and pan requirement is compulsory for every bank account opened.  And now she is facing  the problem that i am describing .... first these are details of two bank account where one bank is connected to my father pension and other is connected to my mother pension (as she retired form teacher few years back)

SBI Bank : My Father Pension (or My mother Husband Pension)

Mother name (written on passbook): poonam devi

Bithdate: 08/09/1950

&

PNB Bank: Mother pension

Mother Name (written on passbook): Kala devi

Bithdate: 08/09/1950

(Both the Bank account is opened in the same city)

Even few years back  at 2011 i had made court affidavit regarding this that both the name is of same person which was nototrized and duly signed and stamped by city SDM (State District Magistrate) Also an Advertisement was also published on local newspaper  so that in future no problem would arrive (I have all the documents including affidavit and newspaper advertisement  kept safely)  then on the basis of this affidavit and documents  AADHAR CARD name which was formerly “kala devi” was corrected  Now n Aadhar the new corrected name is “ Kala Devi alias Poonam Devi”. But i have not changed it on Pan number in which only Kala Devi is written  as per her educational records As people told me that you can’t change the name in pan like Alias Name. It should be only one name.. My mother teacher pension is well connected to Pan card and also Income Tax written  is filled on time but now because in Sbi bank there is a need of pan and aadhar to be connect but when i furnished all the details to Sbi bacnk they are denying to accept  and saying that your aadhar can not be linked to our system because there it showing error as in passbook or bank details it is poonam devi and in aadhar the name is in alias (which is Kala devi alias poonam devi) and also said  that in the Pan card  your mother name  not matches  to our Bank records....Problem is what to do in this type of situation  Some says do this Some says do that but no one even the bank employe have the correct answer...SBI Bank employe says change all names according to the Pension of My father as it is very complicated to change the Army records and a very lengthy process but if i do that then what about my mother own teacher pension? Because sooner or later this condition would also arise at other bank of pnb..Now what to Do?

My mother is very depressed as she is  thinking that in few Days May be her Husband Pension Would Stopped.

Learning

12 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     11 March 2018

what are the earlie rthreads you opened.

I have analysed in details at

https://www.lawyersclubindia.com/experts/Problem-facing-in-two-banks-regarding-aadhar-and-pan-link--674801.asp

"SBI Bank employe says change all names according to the Pension of My father as it is very complicated to change the Army records and a very lengthy process but if i do that then what about my mother own teacher pension?"

Not complicated rather impossible to say after so many years and to convince Recird Office that "X" was aactual wife and not "Y"

ऐसे केस वहीं रोज आते हैं

"My mother is very depressed as she is thinking that in few Days May be her Husband Pension Would Stopped."

Surprising that pension is not yet stopped by bank?

"Because sooner or later this condition would also arise at other bank of pnb"

Normal;ly it should not happen.  However you have changed identity of the account holder in Adhar Card so there could be problem.

vaibhav negi ( graduate)     11 March 2018

An advocate tells us in earlier that you should declare that the two names are of same person that's is the reason we made affidavit duly signed by SDM and published an ad on local news paper regarding this matter in 2011 and on the basis of this we got an aadhar where two names are declared as alias...even bank and army person told that to change the army record is very difficult so to overcome this issue we only change the name in aadhar

An advocate tells us in earlier that you should declare that the two names are of same person that's is the reason we made affidavit duly signed by SDM and published an ad on local news paper regarding this matter in 2011 and on the basis of this we got an aadhar where two names are declared as alias...even bank and army person told that to change the army record is very difficult so to overcome this issue we only change the name in aadhar

@ramesh singh...thanks sir...can you tell me the link of website?

Actully his father does not appear to be NPS subscriber which was intoduced for civilians only  that too recruited after 1.4.2004.

The case will always be dealt as per Pension Rules for the Army.

you can try.                     

Lalit Kumar   21 August 2018

Sir I have all my documents where my mother name is Kusum but actually my mother have Rama as their name proof. She has adhar and pan card where Rama is written. So I want that is it possible to change my mother adhhar card as Rama alias Kusum. At present she has adhar card named Rama. Please suggest me a correct way

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     21 August 2018

Originally posted by : Lalit Kumar
Sir I have all my documents where my mother name is Kusum but actually my mother have Rama as their name proof. She has adhar and pan card where Rama is written. So I want that is it possible to change my mother adhhar card as Rama alias Kusum. At present she has adhar card named Rama. Please suggest me a correct way

Pleae open own thread and query be projected with full facts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register