LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Deepak Malhotra   17 February 2019

Can a Power of Attorney holder execute a Gift Deed

My father has made Gpa in favour of me regarding a residential house(leasehold property) .Can i make a gift deed in favour of my wife or will it be more better if my father make gift deed in favour of my wife directly?
and whether this gift deed can be challenged by my brothers? what will be the effect of tha gift deed ? can it be challenged in the court.


 7 Replies

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     17 February 2019

It is better to execute the Gift deed by your father.  Is the property self acquired or ancestral?  There is chance to object the Gift deed in court.

1 Like

Deepak Malhotra   17 February 2019

That property was allotted by the government to my father at that partition 1947

Deepak Malhotra   17 February 2019

so i think that will be his self acquired property

Deepak Malhotra   17 February 2019

and if it's not possible for my father to execute gift deed then in such case can i make a gift deed in favour of my wife thorough that GPA ?

Kishor Mehta (CEO)     18 February 2019

The gift deed should be properly stamped, executed and registered by your father.

Suhail suhail (LAWYER)     18 February 2019

The GPA with you states that you can sell or gift the property, if yes then go ahead just execute on behalf of that the deed of gift in anyone's favour.Register in court

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 February 2019

Show the document of GPA to a local prudent lawyer for better appreciation and guidance.

However, it would be better if your father executes the "Gift" deed.

If you are located in Delhi/ NCR and feel so, may contact me (on appointment) at: Ch. No 647, Lawyers Chamber Block, Dwarka Courts Complex, New Delhi-110075

Cell # 9891152939 email:

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads