LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

shashikanth (ML)     31 October 2011

Buying agricultural property

I am planning to buy an agricultural land in  Mangalore, Karnataka. But was told that only a agriculturist is allowed to do so. Recently i came to know that my mothers name appears in an RTC of one of the land belonging to her father (my grand father). Currently the land is not in use for cultivation. So can some one tell me whether i can be considered as an agriculturist? Whether i can buy agricultural land. Also pelase let me know if there is any legal work to be done to say that i am agriculturist. Let me know if more details are required. 

Learning

2 Replies

Prasanna D L (Student)     02 November 2011

Yes we can buy the property and there is no act says that if you are a agriculturist then only you can buy the agriculture land and u can start to do the cultivation but before u have to go for legal documentation as per law.

pranati (lawyer)     03 November 2011

in karnatak their is a bar for purchase of agricultural property  all person cant buy agricultural land he/she should be an agriculturalist and his/her income should not be more then 2 lakhs from other source. I request students who reply to the post to refine from doing so without veryfying the Acts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register