LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Shafiullah (Consultant)     06 December 2016

Builder not starting construction after taking booking amont

Dear Law Experts, I had booked a flat in pre launch scheme in Mumbai but builder is not starting the construction,initially he told that IOD is pending with municipal office and will get in September but still he is saying th same. I paid him 7 lakh Rupees by online transfer in 2 installment and also received the receipt with property address, flat area etc. I have not signed any document. Now I lost trust on him that he will start the construction soon,niether he is giving any expected date. it's been almost a year I paid him the booking amount. I want to cancel the booking and get my money back. Can you please guide me the legal way to get back my money?Is the process going to be very lengthy?

Learning

2 Replies

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     07 December 2016

FIRST YOU ISSUE  ALEGAL NOTICE TO HIM TO REFUND THE BOOKING AMOUNT AS HE FAILD TO HONOR THE TIMESPAN of completing construction and there is undue delay and hence you are seeking refund of booking amount.AFTER 15 DAYS HE DOESN'T RESPONDS  OR RESPONDS WITH AN UNSATISFACTORY EXLANATION YOU APPROACH  THE CONSUMER FORUM FOR REFUND OF  ENTIRE BOOKING AMOUNT BY CANCELLING THE BOOKING. yOU WILL BE PAID NOT JUST bOOKING AMOUNT, INTEREST AND DAMAGES ETC.iF YOU APPRECIATE THIS ANSWER PLEASE GIVE ME MY PROFILE LIKES IN EXCHANGE FOR  A FREE LEGAL ADVICE.

1 Like

Shafiullah (Consultant)     07 December 2016

.Thanks alot for your valuable reply.

Actually I am an NRI and stay in middle east, Can I hire someone on my behalf to do this process? Will it be effective if i am not present in the consumer court?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register