LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Agarwal (Proprietor)     09 November 2012

Builder not giving possesion on time

I bought a underconstruction flat from a builder in 2009 and made the whole payment as agreed between us and the builder was supposed to give the possesion by end of 2012 but now builder is denying on his part and saying that he would take a year i.e. end of 2013 to give me possesion of the flat for which I have already paid in full . 

What remedy do I have in this case .What actions can I take against the builder ?Please advise .

Learning

3 Replies

SUNIL (Manager)     09 November 2012

What if 20% payment is made and there is no construction on site since launch 3years ago. 

dr g balakrishnan (advocate/counsel supreme court)     09 November 2012

Yuu can move liquidated damages for additional weighting period, after all builders have problems but they cannot disturb your panning and if done that is if your peace is affected you can  go for liquidated damages under equity principle that builder cannotrefuse pls 

Alkesh Agrawal (Advocate)     09 November 2012

Dear members,

You can file a consumer complaint against the builders and recover from them interest on payment till the time they provide possession of the property and even the consumer forum can order the builder to grant an early possession in genuine cases.

For more information you can contact me on 9765800835 or write to me on alkesh@arpfirm.com

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register