LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ram Kulkarni (Director)     04 August 2012

Builder denied compensation

I have won the battle recently in respect of delayed possession and wrong possession  The builder has to pay me around 1830000 /-- according to consumer court.now builder;s advocate has approached to my advocate for outside court setlement saying that he will pay about 5 to 6 lacs ! Money is not problem for me .The builder has gone to state consumer forum  and my question is that

Should I negotiate with the builder?

Should I keep the case alive keeping in mind the mental ,physical harrassment given by builder?

How much fees I will have to pay for consumer advocates?

By profession I am doctor and I am running my own 100 bedded hospital in full swing.

Learning

1 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     04 August 2012

If you have a good case then fight in the state forum. Fees of an advocate differ from advocate to advocate. Talk to the lawyer and see what he would charge. If the matter can be finished out of court that will save your time, but try for a better settlement amount  bcoz there is a big difference between 18,30000/- what has been awarded to you and the sum of 5-6 lakhs which the builder is willing to pay. If the builder is willing to settle for a good amount then go for a compromise otherwise fight it out in the state forum. Decide for your self.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register