LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vinita 123 (it)     17 April 2015

Builder cheating

I have taken a flat in Mumbai and want to do the registration of the flat. The builder has written a clause in the agreement that the maintainance of the flat will be 40 Rs per sq ft whereas the cost is too high considering the area of the flat. I have asked the builder what will the maintaininace be and he says it would be 12 Rs but he isn't ready to write that amount on the agreement. Also there is a clause for possession date, the builder is not ready to write the possession date in writing because of which its delaying the registration of the flat. Can some one tell me what can be done in such a case.

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 April 2015

Maintenance charges or service charges are levied by allcooperative housing societies to cater for expenses incurred. The basis on which the society charges will be shared by each apartment unit is decided by the Cooperative Housing Society. As per the model bye-laws of the Maharashtra Ownership of Flats Act (MOFA), each housing society must follow a combination of per square feet and per flat basis for final calculation of the service charge for various heads

Vinita 123 (it)     17 April 2015

The per sq feet maintainance in this area is about 5-6 Rs and 40 Rs is too high for the area. Also, since the building is under construction the builder will be taking 2 yrs maintainance from us till the society is formed. I tried selling the property but everyone questions me on such high maintainance rates.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     22 April 2015

Give complaint to the registrar of coperative societies. The officials force to builder to form a society till then do not pay anything. But pay actuals.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register