Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

l3spawl   10 October 2020

Bsnl occupying part of building without any rent agreement.

I own a building in which the ground floor is rented to the BSNL telephone exchange sub-divisional office since 2001. For this floor, the rent agreement is in place and I receive the monthly rent. In 2007, they proposed to take the first floor of the building as well. The floor was immediately handed over to BSNL (A letter from the officer was received confirming the take over). Agreement papers were handed to me and I was supposed to submit them to start receiving the rent. However, at that time my family went through a very serious tragedy for which I had to move away for a couple of years and couldn't submit the documents.


Since then both the floors have been occupied by BSNL and I have been receiving rent for only one floor. However, I started to visit the head office to complete the formalities from 2016. Since then I have submitted many applications and made many visits. They are always saying that it will be done soon. But as far as I know nothing has been done yet regarding this. What can I do in this situation. I don't really want to seek legal help just yet unless necessary. But on the other hand this is getting so frustrating that I dont know what to do.

 1 Replies

You can send them a legal notice for illegally occupying the 1st floor, before that you might wanna send a letter to them for resolution of the issue or yoh ll take legal action
this might help to fasten up the process. Kindly mail for proper detailed response to your query.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query