Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kamil (CTO)     19 February 2013

Brother-in-law threatening to file a false case against my wife

Hi Learned Lawyers,

I need your advice and guidance on an important issue.  We are a muslim family and my wife is a professor in a college. My mother-in-law has three children, my wife is the eldest, the next is another daughter and the last is a son.

My brother-in-law is a divorcee without children, has acute drinking problem. Currently, he his very close to a lady who has kids almost his age and is inducing him against his family to get hold of his properties. He goes to the extent that he even threatens to kill his mother to get the property and beats her. He is 37 years old and has not gone to any work till date and has lived off my mother-in-law's family pension money and rental money. 

My mother-in-law a old frail widow, knowing her son's bad habits and intentions and keeping in mind her failing health has trasferred all the property in my wife and her sister's name via settlement to save it. Coming to know of this, he is now threatening to file a false case against us saying that we have taken hold of the property by cheating his mother. He threatens that even if he does not get anything he will make us go to the court for 10 to 20 years and will not let us live in peace.

The property was self bought by my mother-in-law by selling her Jewels and doing flower selling business. Knowing his son, She is willing to co-operate with us if we have to do anything to make this right.

I need advice from you learned members on how can we handle this situation. How can we ensure that he cannot file a case of cheating against us?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Cheers

Kamil

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register