LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rajesh (SWE)     24 June 2012

Breaking the engagement

Because of my parents force I got engaged 22 days back.Actually iam not at all interested in marriage.Suddenly my mom fell sick which made me to accept the engagement.From the day i got engaged iam not happy and iam feeling that my whole life has gone blank.Iam sure that if i still continue i will spoil both of our lives.Marriage is still a month ahead.Better than that i first declared this before my parents that am not interested in this marriage.I directly told the girl also.My parents took me to a doctor to find out the problem.Doctor told that iam in deep depression and suggested me not go work for one month and take rest.Even after usage of medicines iam not getting any interest towards that girl.She is still saying i will wait for you until your recovery.Once she declared that i got nervous and my condition still worsened.I cannot imagine her as my life patner under any circumstances.My parents have not taken any dowry from them.But girls parents have asked us to do the marriage and gave us 4 lakhs.We in-turn have given gifts worth rupees 1 lakh during engagement to them and booked a marriage hall by spending 50 thousand rupees.The engagement was done in a function hall with full video coverage.Now iam getting tensed that the girls parents may file a case against me.Iam a government job holder.Can i be arrested for breaking the engagement.Arrest may make me loose my job.Is there any chance for me to escape from not marrying her.Iam feeling that marriage is equivalent to death for me.I know that what ever i have done is ethically wrong.But iam not left with any options now.my email id is dhoopraj@gmail.com
Please help me by suggesting how to go.
Regards,
Rajesh.

Learning

7 Replies

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     24 June 2012

unmatured query.

DR. KANHAYALAL SHARMA (TAX CONSULTANTS)     25 June 2012

You must explain what is the reason of your depression. You can write privately to me at maruvihag@gmail.com. Also try to getin touch with the girl and very politely and carefully explain her the facts. Simply remaining away from work or from society with aggrvate your depression. Meet friends and relatives and remain social and sociable. It is strange that your parents do not understand you or your problem.

DR. KANHAYALAL SHARMA (TAX CONSULTANTS)     25 June 2012

You must explain what is the reason of your depression. You can write privately to me at maruvihag@gmail.com. Also try to getin touch with the girl and very politely and carefully explain her the facts. Simply remaining away from work or from society with aggrvate your depression. Meet friends and relatives and remain social and sociable. It is strange that your parents do not understand you or your problem.

Rajesh (SWE)     25 June 2012

Dear Mr.HK_Jain,

Iam a technical person and i donot know any thing about Indian law.Please let me know whether arrest is possible in this case.

@DR.KANHAYALAL SHARMA,

Sir,

Iam back to work now.Iam a type of person who like travelling,exploring new places,adventourous things etc.I have never imagined an obstacle in my life.I donot want to hurt any body with my deeds.I had been telling this to my parents from last 3 to 4 years.But they emotionally blackmailed me and made me to engage.Now after declaring not acceptance of marriage,i cannot take my foot back.More over the girl is not suitable to me.Please tell me can i be legally procecuted in this case.I have convinced my parents,but more worried about the girls parents.

@DR.KANHAYALAL SHARMA,

Sir,

Iam back to work now.Iam a type of person who like travelling,exploring new places,adventourous things etc.I have never imagined an obstacle in my life.I donot want to hurt any body with my deeds.I had been telling this to my parents from last 3 to 4 years.But they emotionally blackmailed me and made me to engage.Now after declaring not acceptance of marriage,i cannot take my foot back.More over the girl is not suitable to me.Please tell me can i be legally procecuted in this case.I have convinced my parents,but more worried about the girls parents.

HK_Jain... (498a Fighter)     26 June 2012

Dear Mr. technical

consult with lawyer for this unmaturity.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register