Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushrita (Professional)     28 February 2024

Boyfriend cheated on me - request for urgent advise

Deae experts,

I need avise urgently..

The purpose of this complaint is to bring to your attention a series of distressing incidents involving dishonesty, physical and mental harassment, and the perpetration of domestic violations against me. I would like to provide a brief overview of the incidents as follows:

I met him on Facebook, became friends, and later developed a relationship. Subsequently, from 2020 hr met regularly, and our relationship deepened. During this period, he forcefully engaged in a physical relationship, making false commitments of marriage. Despite my objections and requests to cease such actions, he resorted to threats, and I felt compelled to tolerate the situation to maintain our relationship. 

Now suddenly he is going to get marry to another lady in next week. I approached local police station, and mahila thana, but his father is a retired police officer and due to his influences no body accepting my complain.

I want to put forward my complain for this cheating case. 

Plz advise me urgently, 

- should I proceed for police complain or court? 

- if court, then does it fall under DV act or any other IPC?

- is there any way to stop his proposed marriage scheduled in coming week in 7 days time?

- we have not registered our marriage or any temple marriage, so still can I get any justice for this cheating case.

Thank you in advance..

Learning

9 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

meet a lwyer with all paper. You need to file comlaint to magistrate.

2 Like

Shashi Dhara   28 February 2024

You can meet mahila ayoga or social media or any media like tv etc and complaint.

1 Like

Real Soul.... (LEGAL)     28 February 2024

If he forced on you for s*xual act against your wish that is rape, and cheating is on board. If you have proof you may proceed for police complaint and also mount socail pressure on his family. Contact the girl or her family to whom he is being married and tell them everything. Meanwile you can file complaint with Women's commission.

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     28 February 2024

You have to lodge a criminal complaint with the local police station for the acts of cheating, rape and breach of trust on the basis of the physical relationship on false promises of marriage.

If the local police is not entertaining the complaint then you can approach the district superintendent of police or commissioner of police with a similar complaint.

If that step also do not fetch you the expected result you can approach the jurisdictional judicial magistrate court with petition under section 156(3) cr.p.c. seeking direction to the concerned police to initiate proper legal action on your complaint

1 Like

Sushrita (Professional)     28 February 2024

Dear Sir,

Many thanks for your providing constructinve guidence, which is very helpful..By the as loacl police did not accpet my complain, I sent all details to local SP via email and filed a complain in citizen portal....Now I am in a process to find local advocate to file a case in magistrate office..

1 Like

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     01 March 2024

You are welcome for your appreciations.

You can pursue the matter through a local lawyer properly.

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     03 March 2024

Originally posted by : Sushrita

Dear Sir,Many thanks for your providing constructinve guidence, which is very helpful..By the as loacl police did not accpet my complain, I sent all details to local SP via email and filed a complain in citizen portal....Now I am in a process to find local advocate to file a case in magistrate office..

Appears to be right approach.

Kartikey Tiwari   03 March 2024

Dear ma'am, this doesnt fall under DV Act. However, a great amount of 420 cases are registered with similar facts. However, you can find that the predominant view of SC and various HCs is that this cant attract offence of cheating. 

Exceptional circumstances where this may be attracting offence of cheating: When the man approached the woman with false intention right from the beginning, and as a result of such false intention, he induced the lady into having physical relationship - i.e., the consent was obtained with false promise which the man knew to be false at the time.

Usually, relationships fall apart for various reasons. But unless false intention can be shown to have existed beforehand, a cheating case though registered, can be quashed by HC or SC. Or it will end in acquittal.

Pradipta Nath (Advocate)     05 March 2024

You need to approach a lawyer. You ned to take prompt legal action by filing case by following the due process of law.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register