Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anil (SM)     02 August 2010

Both GPA executor and GPA holder is no more, can I register?

My father (Mr. B) purchase a property from a landlord (Mr. A)

Mr. A gave GPA in my father name (Mr.B)

My father never registered this property.

Both Mr. A (Landlord) and Mr. B (My father) died.

Based on my father death certificate, my mother got Khata, and all taxes are up to date.

Now my mother wants to register this property in my name.

1. Is it possible to register?

2. I am planning to sell this property, how can we sell this property?

Note: We don’t have no clue about landlord family where about.

Learning

6 Replies

niranjan (civil practice)     02 August 2010

If your father has purchased.but if deed was not done and your father was holding mere gpa,you cannot get it regd.,but if the gpa was irrecovable,heirs of gpa holder can transfer the property.

PJANARDHANA REDDY (ADVOCATE & DIRECTOR)     03 August 2010

When an agency is terminated by the principal dying or becoming of unsound mind, the agent is bound to take, on behalf of the representatives of his late principal, all reasonable steps for the protection and preservation of the interests entrusted to him.

sAs

M.S.Bhalerao (advocate)     03 August 2010

Read the clauses of GPA. In case it contains  " legal hiers" and also the GPA  is irrevocable, you can get the document registerred by paying appropriate stamp duty. The GPA might be containing the consideration paid by your late father.

R.Ranganathan (Advocate)     14 September 2010

The best way is to make a settlement deed in your favour executed by your mother based on the khata and other available revenue records. As and when the legal heirs of the landlord come then let them execute a ratification deed in your favour.

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     14 September 2010

After seen all documents and discuss with "A" legal heirs the "A" legal heirs registred a sale deed or settelment deed in fevour your mother thereafter your mother sale or gift this property.

Goutam (Student)     22 September 2010

Now only the legal heirs of A can transfer the porperty in favour of ur mother. then ur mother can sale that property to any one.

Whether any will or agreement relating to this property was ecxecuted by ur father. (clear it)

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register