LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pankaj (NA)     06 January 2014

Blackmail me and my parents with dowry law

My elder brother who was an NRI married in India a Indian girl and Bhabhi was living with our family and there was no problem with Bhabhi and anyone in our family but my brother and Bhabhi don't get well so she left for her home.

My brother gave up his Indian citizenship and now he is a foreign citizen with OCI card and he damn cares for Bhabhi.Now the problem is that my Bhabhi and her family threatened to file false dowry case against me and my parents otherwise we have to pay they 1cr.My parents spoke to lawyers and they all said to negotiate with them and we have to pay the sum and there is no other option and we all will get arrested.

I don't undesratand when its a problem between my brother and his wife then why the Indian law blackmailing us when thay cannot do anything against my brother ?

For us 1cr is something we even cannot dream about in this case will we get arrested? Please advice

Learning

1 Replies

dv (ghvhb)     06 January 2014

Pre-empt the case Record her voice Collect proof Go to concerned sp or dsp office with your lawyer and elders and if possible

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register