LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ABHISHEK (PROPRIETOR)     16 July 2010

BANKS using civil courts to recover the dues on credit cards

I have been issued the show cause notice from the court as the credit card issuer bank named KOTAK MAHINDRA BANK filed the civil case for recovery under section 9 of ARBITRATION & CONCILIATION ACT 1996 read with section 151 of code of civil procedure,1908.. The case was filed on 14th JULY 2010 by the BANK & the date of hearing is on 17th JULY 2010..?

The notice has been served on 16th JULY 2010 to me mischieviously/intentionally by the bank..??

Should I appear in the court tomorrow or not ? Does the case regarding the recovery of credit card dues be filed under the above mentioned act and if so then how should I argue/or present in the court to DEFEND myself as I am under financial crisis and there fore I need 2 years time from the court to repay the outstanding of the credit card.?? PLS. HELP as the date of hearing is tomorrow and I am under depression.

Learning

2 Replies

Anil Agrawal (Retired)     17 July 2010

Forget about the niceties and legalities. First appear before the court.

ABHISHEK (PROPRIETOR)     17 July 2010

I appeared before the court &  came to know that the bank has filed the case on the grounds of my signing the credit card application form which consists of T&Cs in very fine print.

The bank said that while accepting T&Cs ,I had accepted the arbitration (without knowing the mentioning of arbitration word).

The court has asked us to file a reply along with citations stating the non-maintainibility of the INTERIM application of the bank..

I request the wizards of law to pls. guide me along with the reference of citations in favour .

I would be grateful.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register