LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     20 May 2013

Bail jumped

In a criminal case (Section 420,467 120B etc,) having 4 accused, one of the accused who always remained in touch with his advocate, (the accused has got evidence of having telephoned him regularly), the advocate always said that the other 3 accused are absconding and therefore the case is not progressing and we (the advocate) is regularly filing the application of leave on date and will inform whenever presence is required.

Later on the advocate himself  absconds (you might have all heard the famous Ajmer Court Recruitment Scandal). The accused then comes to know that the advocate was telling lies and misleading the accused. In fact the advocate never filed any application for leave and it is the accused who has his bail jumped for 3 years+ now! Luckily no arrest warrants are issued till date

The guidance is needed on 2 fronts

1.What action can be taken against the advocate?

2.The accused being desirous of appearing and applying for a bail, what plea/reasons should be given to the court so that the bail is granted (truth being what has been stated above)

Learning

4 Replies

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     20 May 2013

How long will you hide yourself. It is better to surrender before the court and get bail.  Otherise, after a period of time the court will pressurise to nab the accused as already the NBW is pending against them.  The role of advocate is very less here.  Whenever there is any danger to you, he will escape.  You will be the sufferer.  He is misleading you to extract his fees.  Appoint any other lawyer and follow his advice. 

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     20 May 2013

Dear Ravinderji

You have not answered my questions

The guidance is needed on 2 fronts

1.What action can be taken against the advocate?

2.The accused being desirous of appearing and applying for a bail, what plea/reasons should be given to the court so that the bail is granted (truth being what has been stated above)

Advocate Ravinder (Advocate/Attorney)     20 May 2013

Yes now I caught your point.  

Answer No.1--You can file a criminal case against the Advocate for committing fraud, You have to give a complaint in the Bar Council of that particular state narrating the detailed facts. 

Answer No.2--Now you apply fresh bail application narrating hte detailed facts that how your Advocate had fooled you and the court. And also give the reference of the complaint against him in the bar council and filing of the criminal case against him. Though the sections are non bailable, the court may grant bail to you. Hire a good lawyer. 

ashok kumar (Social Worker)     21 May 2013

Thanks U Ravinderji

U are now pretty close to what I had asked 

My concern is

1. The Bar Councils being basically asociation of the Lawyers, I dont think it takes any strict action against the lawyers I havent seen any Lawyer being penalized heavily by teh Bar Councils.

2.  The accused in the case was on bail buit the bail got jumped due to absence oof the Lawyer and the accused onthe dates . Now that 3 years + has passed, what are the chances of getting the bail

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register