Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Monika (Executive Secretary to MD)     23 September 2011

Bad hr policies

Hey,

I am working in a pvt. ltd. co. The company in which am working is totally in mess. Because recntly few months back one international german company over take one indian company. (on april 2011)

I've joined this co. on may 2011.

in this co. no HR Manager is also new, & he is educated illleterate. I've few issues with HR Manager & Department -

1. ) HR not providing any ESI card or a/c # to the employees whose salary is within 15K.

2.) HR Manager himself is a rude person, he doesnot know at all how to speak to a female.

3.) He wants to make his own rules in the co. like leaves, break.

According to his poilicies:-

Lunch Periods.   Employees are allowed a one  hour lunch break.  Lunch breaks are generally taken between the hours of 1.00pm and 2.00pm on a staggered schedule (approved by Management) so that the company remains operational during the lunch hour.

Break Periods.   The Company does not provide any break for Employees during office hours except for the above outlined lunch period as in Section 4.10. Tea breaks and coffee breaks are as such not allowed.  Breakfast during the office hours is also not allowed.  Prior approval from a Superior or Manager is necessary for such a break, if so required.  If an Employee have unexpected personal business to take care of, he/she must notify his/her direct Superior to discuss time away from work and make provisions as necessary.  Personal business shall be conducted on the Employee’s own time.  Employees who do not adhere to the break policy will be subject to disciplinary action.

Can anyone plz tell me that these rules are valid, because a/c to my knowledge, no emploer can force their employees to work more than 8hrs. & 1 hr is for breaks. out of which 1/2hr is for lunch & 15-15 tea breaks.

And if any employees wants to go out of office during this 1hr break period for some personal reason, is it possible. Or is it right that HR can ask you to stop going out during lucnh period.

Learning

2 Replies

Sandeep Khangaokar (Branch Manager)     23 September 2011

It will depend..because if you are on duty, company is responsible for you and your well being therefore some company may implement this rule strictly. though there cant be a compulsion as such, if company protocols are in place.

I am not a lawyer though but i have experience working in many companies, therefore my opinion.

I am also suffering from harrasment!! and i have planned to take a legal action against them.

Best of luck!!

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 September 2011

Kindly check.Nine hours in a day including breaks for one hour.

You can represent to HR personnel,HR head,appointing authority, etc and ask to devide breaks for tea and lunch.If HR personnel is rude you can object decently and if the reudeness has continued you can submit a gentle communication to his and your superior and allow superior time to controle.

You can sk for ESIC cards and company is duty bound to supply it to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register