Intellectual Property Rights: Practice and Drafting by Adv Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ria Nath Puri (Administrator)     31 January 2010

Back after 25 years..........

The wife of deceased man left her husbands home and begot children unlawfully. Her mother in law, sister in law and her two children stayed in the house for 30 years.

The widow was given a room 30 yards away which she sold immediately and ran away.

The monther in law died 3 years back and the sister in law has also died. The two children stay in the room with their respective families and have rented one room.

Now the lady is back demanding a room.

She has lodged a police complaint against both the residents of the room citing danger of life from them.

What can be done?



 1 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     31 January 2010

She has claim of 1/3 share in the proerty and not more than that in the given facts and so far as other criminal complaint is concerned, police authorities can be convinced that there is no danger on the parts of the persons against whom complaint has been lodged. Do not give possession to that lady rather let her file suit for partition and possession in the proper court of law.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register