LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh   04 October 2016

Aunts may claim for house share after the agreement

My Grandfather had a mud house in village near Narsinghpur MP. He had 5 girls (my aunts) and 1 son (my father). Grandfather got expired and in 2014 my grandmother wrote an agreement to put the house on my name by giving 10000/- RS to each of my aunts. Agreement (100 RS Stamp) also have signatures of all of my aunts and it's with me. I broke the mud house and making a sure house on the same place and it  is in under construction. Currently my father is living in the house. 

Recently when my grandmother got expired, My aunts have changed their mind and they are asking for their part from that house.  What should I do? Please advise. 

Learning

9 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 October 2016

It is believed that you are Hindu.

It is also believed that it was self acquired property.

In any case;since you haved posted that "Grandfather got expired and in 2014", so even in case it is ancestral daughters have share.

The agreement may be shown to a very able counsel specializing in family, revenue, civil matters, for a considered opinion.

You could have registered the agreement.

Dinesh   04 October 2016

Thanks Kumar,

Yes, I'm Hindu and house was purchased by my grandfather. 

how I can register the agreement?

what steps I should be taking to make my case strong so that no further claims would be fulfilled by anyone in future. 

What is the opinion of your own counsel that has examined the agreement?

Try for Registered family agreement, relinquishment deed.

Your own counsel can help you further.

Dinesh   04 October 2016

I did not examined my agreement yet.

I will do it if I see any leagal claims for it. I want to know - Do I have the case in my favour?

I will try for the registered family agreement and relinquishment deed. 

First thing First: Get the said agreement examined.

Then post:  What is the opinion of your own counsel that has examined the agreement?

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 October 2016

Inastead o fAgreemnrt you should have entered int   family settlement DEED registered that would have had  conferred  binding rights/obligations on your family members., be your aunts.Anyway get the agreement registered and obtain either a release or relinqueshment deed from your aunts or at least ao objection certificate notarized from them.If you appreciate thias answer  please  click the thank you button on this forum./obligations

Ms.Usha Kapoor (CEO)     05 October 2016

Inastead o fAgreemnrt you should have entered int   family settlement DEED registered that would have had  conferred  binding rights/obligations on your family members., be your aunts.Anyway get the agreement registered and obtain either a release or relinqueshment deed from your aunts or at least ao objection certificate notarized from them.If you appreciate thias answer  please  click the thank you button on this forum./obligations

Kumar Doab (FIN)     06 October 2016

First thing First: Get the said agreement examined.

Then post:  What is the opinion of your own counsel that has examined the agreement?

Your own counsel may have a strategy for you.

Dinesh   16 November 2016

I went for the property registration and got to know that the said house comes under 'Aabadi' land where 'Patta' has been given by tehsildaar under my father and mother name. There is also a loan from 'MukhyaMantri Awaas Yojna' under my father's name.

Also the registrar and sarpanch said your Aunts can't claim for their share and if they do it will be nullified. 

Is it still the case that my aunts can claim for their share?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register