LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

harikrishnan ( gazetted officer)     20 March 2012

Attack on my father (senor citezen)


i am working in ministry of defence in utrapradesh. My father was attacked by his son in law with some weapon on his head & mouth. he is treated in private hospital & certificate also provided by doctor. My sister is living due new born child with us (wife of attacker). She have girl child, so he want to kill the baby with the intention he took the babe& his sister (married with my brother) together. But my father & brother try to stop him, but he brutaly attacked on my father his age around 72 years old. He have head injury, my brother called police but police refused to file FIR on him or arrest. They are refused file case on him  due to political pressure. we have big private doctor certificate for injury attack on my father & brother. my opposite side dont have any injury please how can i file FIR if police refuse advise please. is it  private doctor certificate is enough to arrest a person with intention to kill. they are living 2000 km away from me please help


 2 Replies

DVM Rao (Advocate)     20 March 2012

Send the complaint to Station House Officer and also Superintendent of Police / Commissioner of Police of the District by way of Registered Post Acknowledgment Due or Speed Post.  Then file a Writ Petition before High Court against inaction on the part of Police in not registering the FIR by enclosing the complaint, Medical Certificate, postal receipts and either acknowledgment card of Regd. Post or Proof of Service obtained through Internet of Speed Post etc., by showing the S.H.O., S.P./C.P. of Police, Home Secretary etc. as respondents in the Writ Petition.  Please feel free to contact: DVM Rao, Advocate, Hyderabad

DVM Rao (Advocate)     20 March 2012

As per the Supreme Court Judgment, whenever information regarding commission of a cognizable offence is brought to the notice of the Police, the Police are duty-bound to register the same as FIR and then start investigation.  DVM Rao, Advocate, Hyderabad

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register