LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nithya (Officer)     09 July 2017

Arrogant commissioner!!

Earlier i had posted a situation ....

Read more at:

We kept on pressurising the guy to return the money, else we said we will have to proceed legally. He kept on giving new dates, but never kept up the promise. And neither returned the money.

But the guy did not return the money even after 6 months, we decided to take action. Since the guy stayed in a different city, we decided to approach by seeking the help of higher police official first......

We had all the conversations as our evidence.

We approached the Commissioner of the small city in this matter. But the Commissioner was even more arrogant!!! ..... He said, ' am separating the complaint into two parts ...

1. for money recovery you may proceed filing a civil suit

2. for the harrasment, i will take it as a grievence.


When we asked for the acknowledgement, he refused to give, he says he received 100s of complaints each day and he cannot give acknowledgement for each and every on of them!!!

He said, he has received the complaint and is rejecting it!!!

I guess this guy is a big shot in his small city (president of rotary club, friends of local politician, etc etc).

Now how do we proceed with this case?

If anyone has experience in this matter, kindly advise us ....




 6 Replies

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     11 July 2017

When you give a letter or a complaint in a Government Officer, you need not personally give it to the officer addressed to. There will be a 'writer' or clerk in the office to receive inwards. You can submit the letter with a copy   and get the copy stamped with date in acknowledgement.

Nithya (Officer)     12 July 2017

We tried that.  But since we had already met the Commissioner, it was not possible after that.

Nithya (Officer)     12 July 2017

We had met the Police Commissioner of the juridiction where the guy stays., to make things easier.  But since there is no support from the Police, can we meet the Commissioner of our juridiction?


Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     12 July 2017

When an authority such as, say a police commissioner, doen't act our Constitution provides that you can file a writ of mandamus in the High Court, praying to the court to order the official to act.

Nithya (Officer)     13 July 2017

Since i dont have an acknowledgement that i met the Police commissioner, i dont have any proof for the same. In that case, how to file a writ?

Dr. MPS RAMANI Ph.D.[Tech.] (Scientist/Engineer)     14 July 2017

It is not necessary to produce evidence of having met the commissioner to file a writ of mandamus. Or if you want evidence send the letter by Registered AD, wait for some time for the letter to reach his office and then file the writ. Anyway you can straightaway file the writ. That is not a big problem.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query