Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Prakash Yedhula (Lawyer)     20 October 2007

Arms License-Mumbai Police

[align=left][font=Tahoma]Arms license[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How does one procure a new Arms License? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]By submitting an application in ΓÇÿA' form with Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How much time it takes to get a new Arms License? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Minimum 2 months. [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]What is procedure to procure a New Arms License? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]The application form is sent to the concerned Police station. The Police station makes an enquiry and submit the report to the Zonal DCP who interviews the applicant and submits his report. Once convinced by the reports, the licensing authority issues the license. [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Which documents needs to be submitted for obtaining a new Arms License? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]1.  Copy of Ration card
2.  Election card
3.  Last 3 years I.T. certificate /chalan copy
4.  Two character certificates from the responsible citizens of your locality
5.  Physical fitness certificate
6.  Education Qualification certificate
7.  Proof of age
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How to renew the Arms license? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]If the renewal is not late, fill the renewal form and affix Rs. 5/- Court fees stamp. Produce weapon and license for inspection at CFC.  Pay the renewal fees. Renewal will be done immediately. [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My license has expired three months back. What should I do? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Fill up the renewal from, produce the weapon for inspection along with the license at CFC. You have to pay a late fees and the license will be renewed within 3 days. You will get the license from Citizens' Facilitation Centre , situated in the compound of the Commissioner of Police, Crawford Market,Mumbai.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My license has expired more than a year back, what should I do? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Call on personally. Produce the weapon for inspection. Fill up the renewal form. Submit your explanation for the delay. You will be issued with a Show Cause Notice. Answer within 15 days. The decision will be taken after receipt of your reply. The decision will be conveyed to you by letter, through the concerned Police station.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]If the license holder is unable to come for renewal, can his manager renew his license.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]If the license holder is in Mumbai, you should have the weapon carrying authority signed by the license holder and counter signed by you. You should also produce the weapon for inspection and pay the fees. Renewal forms has to be signed by the license holder.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]License is late for renewal since license holder is out of Mumbai? What should I do?[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- Deposit the weapon to the nearest Police station
- Obtain receipt for the same
- Fill up the renewal form and leave the license with A & A Branch.
- When license holder returns, ask him to come into the office and collect the
  license.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How should I obtain a T.J.P. (Temporary Journey Permit)? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- Submit an application on a plain paper with Rs. 5/- Court Fees Stamp.
- Attach a copy of the license.
- Next day, pay a fee of  Rs. 20 and you will get a TJP.
- This is only valid for 30 days and is subject to local restrictions imposed by the
   local authority.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How do I get a license for property protection (Per-Pro Basis)? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]The license for property protection is granted on Per-Pro basis. The procedure is same as that for obtaining a new license.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My father/uncle/husband/ relative was a license holder. He is expired and now the license is in my possession. What should I do ? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- You have to deposit the weapon and the original license with  ammunition for safe custody at the nearest police station. 
- Attach copy of death certificate with application.
- A safe custody receipt will be issued to you.
- The weapon can be kept for one year.
- Charges are Rs. 50/- for one year.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]A relative wishes to possess the weapon of a deceased person. What is the procedure? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- Submit ΓÇ£AΓÇ¥ form application for new license.
- Attach copy of the death certificate and the safe custody receipt on Rs. 20/-
  stamp paper, duly notarized. 
- An affidavit of all legal heirs with NOC in the applicant's name has to be
  attached. 
- The other procedure remains the same as for procuring a new license.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My father/relative is old. He wishes to give me his weapon. Can you guide me? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- Make an application for arms license in form ΓÇ£AΓÇ¥.
- Attach a consent letter of the license holder with an affidavit of Rs. 20/- stamp
  paper duly notarized.
- Attach an NOC form other legal heirs on Rs.20/- stamp paper duly notarized.
- The procedure remains the same as for procuring a new license.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]- Please remember, grant of license depends upon your eligibility to hold it and
  not on wish of the donor.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My All India Arms License was issued in another State. I want it to be renewed/registered in Mumbai; please guide me.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Submit an application in prescribed form for re-registration.
ii.  Attach a copy of the arms license.
iii. Produce/attach residential proof.
iv. An NOC from the original licensing authority is required.
v.  A police station report with remarks from the Zonal DCP is also required. On
     receiving the NOC and remarks from the DCP,  decision shall be  taken by the
     licensing authority.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]My license was issued in Mumbai. I want to register it at other place. What is the procedure?  [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Same as given Question No. 15 above. Arms and Ammunition Branch will issue an NOC to the new registering authority on receipt of their request letter.[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]I want to make my license valid in the whole of Maharashtra. What is the procedure?  [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]i.   Make an application on a  plain paper with Rs.5/- court fees stamp.
ii.  Attach a copy of Arms license with it.
iii. The application will be sent to the Police station for enquiry.
iv. On receipt of Police station report, you will be called for an interview.
v.  The decision will be conveyed to you in writing through the Police station.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]I want to make my license valid in the whole of India. What should I do?  [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]i.  Submit an application to the Government of Maharashtra, Pol-IX, Home 
    Department, Mantralaya, Mumbai with a copy of the license.
ii. The application will be sent to the Police station for an enquiry,
iii. On receipt of the report from the Police station, you will be interviewed and a
    report will be submitted to the  Government of Maharashtra.
iv. The Government of Maharashtra will take the decision and you will be      
    informed accordingly.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]I want to sell my weapon. What is the procedure? [/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]i. Submit an application with Rs.5/- court fees stamp and attach a copy of your 
   license.
ii. Inform Arms and Ammunition Branch with relevant documents.
iii. If all documents are in order, sale permission will be issued within 15 days. 
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]How to obtain license to sale Fire Cracker? [/font]

[font=Tahoma]1. Form No- 24  should be duly filled [/font]
[font=Tahoma]Attach
a. Shop and Establishment License
b. B.M.C. Certificate
c. Land Owner's N.O.C.
d. Fire Brigade N.O.C.
2. Reports from the concerned police station, Divisional Asstt. Commissioner Of
    Police,  Zonal DCP, character verification report and the report from Special
    Branch - I  CID and Technical unit of the Crime Branch will be obtained by the
    Arms and  Ammunition Branch.
[/font]

[font=Tahoma]How to obtain License to store  Explosive ? [/font]

[font=Tahoma]Apply  in form No. 23
ΓÇó Application should be in the prescribed format:
  Required documents
ΓÇó Contractor's agreement with NOC
ΓÇó Landlords NOC for the purpose of blasting
ΓÇó Storage of Explosive license
ΓÇó Transportation of Explosive permit
ΓÇó Fire Bridge NOC
  Reports from the concerned  Police station through Divisional Asstt. 
  Commissioner Of Police, Zonal DCP, character verification report and report
  from Special Branch-I, CID and Technical unit of Crime Branch will be obtained
  by the Arms   and Ammunition Branch.
[/font]

[font=Tahoma]How do I apply for a Road permit?[/font]

[font=Tahoma]Submit the following documents:
1. Application form affixing Rs. 5/- Court Fees stamp
2. Xerox Copy of Arms License.
3. Purchase / Sell receipt
4. Fees of Rs. 20/- . 
[/font]

[font=Tahoma]What is the procedure for re-registration? [/font]

[font=Tahoma]Submit the following documents:
An application in the prescribed form.
[/font][/align]
[align=left][font=Tahoma]Required documents: [/align]
[*]Ration Card [/*]
[*]Telephone Bill [/*]
[*]License Xerox copy [/*]
On receipt of the following reports by the Arms and Ammunition branch final decision is taken.
1. NOC from original licensing authority.
2. Enquiry report of applicant through Zonal DCP.
3. Verification Report.
a. Technical Unit report 
b. Special Branch - I. C.I.D. report 

[/font][font=Tahoma]In which cases suspension / revocation can occur? [/font]

[font=Tahoma]On receipt of reports from the concerned Police station, suspension/revocation of Arms license can takes place.[/font]

Courtesy: mumbaipolice.org

Learning

2 Replies

Democratic Indian (n/a)     04 October 2010

The Arms Licensing has been screwed up by MHA indirectly encouraging corruption. On 31st March 2010 the Ministry of Home Affairs issued an directive to all State/ UT Home Departments, ordering them to begin implementation of the new Arms Policy for Individuals. In total subversion of the parliamentary process this was done without first moving any amendment bill in parliament, in effect changing the law illegally through an executive order!

Reference: https://gunowners.in/

KUNAL SINGH ROY   12 December 2018

I am possessing one 12 bore D.B.B.L Gun under License issued by A, D, M Hooghly,(dist) West Bengal on 14.08.99.The license is valid for West Bengal only.

I am working in a Non-Banking Finance Company as Branch Head and posted at Jamshedpur, Jharkhand.

It is further submitted that my employment is transferable in nature throughout India and demands extensive tours & travels. Due to the hectic schedule, I could not renew the aforesaid License on time.

However, I have deposited the above Gun to the safe custody of Arms & Ammunition Dealer based at Kolkata on 05.12.2002.. 

I would like to apprise you that I have deposited renewal fees of Rs.100/-on 04.3.09 towards my aforesaid Gun for the period 01.01.08 to 31.12.2010 at SBI  through T.R.Form No.7. Unfortunately, the entry has not been completed in the License book as Concern Clark was not available. Hence renewal fees after 31.12.2010 have not been deposited.

I have handover a request letter to (affixed Rs.10/- court fee stamp) addressed to Hon'ble Dist Magistrate stating aforesaid facts to consider late renewal of license. on  12.11.2018.

I have visited & enquired about the status of the request application on 10th Dec2018. Incidentally, concern Clark has informed me that he will forward my request letter to Superintendent Police for inquiry & further decision for late renewal. Concern Clark could not provide a specific date nor I have received any confirmation letter from Gun license dept of D.M office.

My questions are as follows:-

1. Is it possible that Dept/DM can cancel /revoke my Gun license due to this renewal?

2. How long concern dept will give permission for renewal? What is the procedure?

3. Is further police inquiry required in this case?

4. How I can get unique identification number?

4. Is legal recourse available to resolve this issue? what is contract no of a competent lawyer based in Kolkata dealing with Arms Act dispute?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register