LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

d. (n.a)     06 April 2020

Arm licence family heirloom

My Late father was Bank manager GM in Gujarat. He died as heart attack in 2005 at this time I am 15 year old so our family and relatives sell weapon become I am so old no elder brother in our home and licence formalities took to police & magistrate, so now I am 30 year old can I able to getting ? Is there any rules or rights Laye parent’s weapon and licence becoming freshly transfer to their weapons to children (son) ?( I read a post wherein a member said according to Arms Rule 2016, you can acquire the weapon of your parents under 'heirloom' category inherited, Give me proper guidance please

Learning

6 Replies

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 April 2020

A mere visit to office of Dist. Supdt of Police or filing RTI application can solve the issue and you can get authentic clarification on possession of a weapon for many years without a valid license.

If you file RTI Application to SP, ask a friend or relative from a different place to seek information as follows:

Information Solicited:

1. Please provide me the laid down law/rules and regulations/orders on the procedure to be followed acquire/inherit  the weapon of parents under 'heirloom' (category inherited)

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 April 2020

Originally posted by : dhruv
 My Late father was Bank manager GM in Gujarat. He died as heart attack in 2005 at this time I am 15 year old so our family and relatives sell weapon become I am so old no elder brother in our home and licence formalities took to police & magistrate, so now I am 30 year old can I able to getting ? Is there any rules or rights Laye parent’s weapon and licence becoming freshly transfer to their weapons to children (son) ?( I read a post wherein a member said according to Arms Rule 2016, you can acquire the weapon of your parents under 'heirloom' category inherited, Give me proper guidance please

1. You may find some related information on the following link:

https://mha.gov.in/sites/default/files/ArmsPoss%28E%29130510_0.pdf

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

d. (n.a)     06 April 2020

Thanking you sir, But I clearly not understood from link descripttion, Actually my father had licence for Winchester rifle arm, he died in 2005 at that time I am 15 year old so our family member go to police and deposit rifle and sell to other licence Holder with legal, so now I am liable, eligible to take arm licence on the base of my inherited heirloom act?

G.L.N. Prasad (Retired employee.)     06 April 2020

A rifle is an asset and a legal heir may inherit the rights for that asset. 

License is given individually depending on the individual necessity and the individual must convince the licensing authority.

If the rifle as an asset and as a family trophy is to be retained, prior permission is required for keeping the weapon.

Its use for self-defense is a separate issue.

When the rifle is not in your possession, not even deposited with police but sold to another license holder, the asset is not in your possession.

There is no inheritance for a license, and authorities decide the necessity of having such rifle considering the individual necessity of self-defense and the license is individual and can never be inherited.

Because the father is having a license, a son can not claim such a license as a right, as a licence can not be inherited. like share in an individually acquired asset.

Hemant Agarwal (ha21@rediffmail.com Mumbai : 9820174108)     06 April 2020

1. Make a try and make application to the competent authority, with all the relevant supporting available documents.

2. Appear before the authority and explain your necessity alongwith the law.  IF the authority accepts and grants you transfer of license, THEN you can buy the permissible gun of your choice.

Keep Smiling .... Hemant Agarwal
VISIT: www.chshelpforum.com

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     07 April 2020

There is no corelation of the licence granted to your father, (which stands automatically expired with his death) and application for grant of arms licence to you.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register