Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Darshan P (Consultant)     25 February 2015

Are women entitled for a property share

Hi All,

We have 4 lands with different survey no measuring 27, 21, 7 and 3 Acre. My father was mentally retired person from my childhood. and 7 Acre land i got from my uncle for which he was not having any son, some part of the land has also given to his daughter. i have 2 sisters elder got married in 1975 and younger in 1988. In the year 1997 without my knowledge and without my signature 7 Acre to my elder sister and 3 Acre to my younger sister which was in my fathers name has been transferred in a doc and it appeared in all legal documents i.e. Pahani and land records from then. Since before 1997 only i am having the position of the 2 lands which were given to my sisters. Now they are asking to leave the position in 2015. Since i payed all the revenue taxes and have all necessary documents which shows that i am having the holding the land. My sisters are threatening that they file a suit in the court of law but some advocates are telling that since you are in the position there is no need to worry on that. It was just name transfer in the year 1997 but the cultivation and all done by me only. I belong to Karnataka state

As per the recent amendments in Karnataka in the year 2010, if the partition has been done before the 20/12/2014 cannot claim again the partition.

Any suggestions from seniors will be very much helpful and what should be my next course of action. In the village all elders people are opposing to give the land to my sister.

Regards

Darshan

Learning

1 Replies

Sundar (Proprietor)     14 March 2015

sir,
A question..

Sir,
My father had a self acquired land in Bangalore.We are 3 sons and 2 daughters. Last year the property was partitioned in 3 parts -My father,myself and my brother...as my eldest brother and 2 sisters have their own property,this was done..Thereafter we entered into a JD with a builder and the property was developed to 6 flats now..after this my father expired last year and his portion is transfereed to my mother with katha etc.now, When the builder is trying to sell his portion of 3 flats the bankers are asking for a no objection from my sisters because they say that in future they might claim their share of father's property...My contention is that it is already partitioned and even if there is an objection ( which is not there ) it could be a claim of only our share of the 3 houses which we shall share if at all there will be claims..are we to do this formality for the builders share?
PLs clarify...Thanks

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register