LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
The Indian Constitution Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Narayana Swamy (security)     05 September 2017

Are police not punished in a private complaint ?

We have lodged a complaint against 4 persons to the SHO of the local police station under IPC 153A for attacking on religious place in the year 2013. Due to inaction of the police we have lodged private complaint in the District court.The Hon'ble Court has taken cognizence of the offence under 153A and Court summons also issued to the accused.Now the case is in the final stage after 4 years.

My question is that if the accused are punished under IPC 153A by the Honb'le Court, then will be any punishement for Police also for not acting on our complaint who have failed to register our complaint ?



Narayana Swamy


 3 Replies

Siddharth Srivastava (Advocate)     05 September 2017

For inaction of police you can lodge complaint with police higher ups.

Narayana Swamy (security)     05 September 2017


First when we lodged complaint in the year 2013 to the SHO of the local police station,We have given the complaint copies to the DCP as well as Commissioner of Police. Now again we have to lodge seperate complaint to the higher officials ?When we have to lodge complaint to higher officias?Is it after the accused are convicted,since the case is at the final stage ?



Narayana Swamy.


Raveena Kataria (Advocate )     06 September 2017

In my opinion, filing of a fresh complaint before the conviction of the accused person (s) is not likely to have any effect on the current legal proceedings. You might as well take the matter up to the higher officials.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query