LIVE Online Course on NDPS by Riva Pocha and Adv. Taraq Sayed. Starting from 24th May. Register Now!!
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sourav Yadav   30 July 2018

Are parents in danger in false dowry act.

my brother was married on 6 feb 2013. after 2-3 years of minor fighting things escalated between my brother and his wife and now she is threatening to file a false fir against my family under dowry act and other things .my main concern is about my father and mother are they in danger or what will happen if she files a complaint and also what will happen to me also. please answer my query I'm in grave tension. THANKS.


 5 Replies

Imtiyaz Hussain   30 July 2018

1. Tell your brother to separate his residence.

2. Tell your parents to disown your brother and your sister-in-law from all their moveable and immovable property.

3. Contact a good lawyer near you.

1 Like

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     30 July 2018


Everything will depend on what allegation she makes against each one of you.

In case of copy paste FIR, she will rope all the family members to settle her personal score.

Once FIR is filled (You can check online) you may file quash or stay on arrest/ anticipatory bill, result will depend on merits of case.

As bill/stay on arrest will be granted for all the members other then husband except if she has not put some serious allegation.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

While the spouse can name all, the police and court can exonerate all on merits/evidences/witnesses.

Approach a very able senior LOCAL counsel of unshakable repute and integrity specializing in Family matters   and well versed with latest citations, LOCAL applicable rules/laws/ … and having successful track record…. and worth his/her salt…..and show the documents/evidence for a considered opinion..

At each location three are some counsels that specialize in such matters and they are well known.

Check for such counsels at LOCAL Family/civil courts, HC……

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

Record all threats.

Threats and false cases amount to cruelty and is valid ground for divorce.

If possible help to crease all differences and save the wedlock.

Maintain Irrefutable record of all efforts.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     01 August 2018

Pick up relevant points from Articles under my profile;


Now Senior Citizens can evict negligent son or daughter from their home in 21 days time

Son can live in Parents house only at the mercy of his Parents, upto the time the Parents allow

Son can divorce wife if she tries to separate him from aged parents 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query