Upgrad
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SCUser Emplyee (f)     17 August 2021

Appointment letter not shared during time of joining and notice period shared unilaterally through policy handbook

Hi,

Joined a company on May 2019. But I never received an appointment letter from them. They unilaterally changed the notice period from 3 months to 2 months last year. Then from 2 back to 3 months a few weeks ago. I resigned 5 days after the change in notice period from 2 to 3 months. Should I serve the 3 months notice even though the notice period change was unilateral through a policy handbook, and the fact that an appointment letter was never even shared with me, let alone signed by me?

When asked for the initially signed appointment letter, they shared with me a recently created, back dated appointment letter without my signature obviously.
I'm trying to negotiate with the team to reduce the notice period in lieu of my leaves but they're not agreeing with that option. What are my options here?

Learning

3 Replies

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 August 2021

The terms and conditions of your appointment shall govern the subject accordingly you will have to serve 3 months notice, which may be modified / agreed by management / employer

SCUser Emplyee (f)     19 August 2021

Thanks for the reply, Sir.

But the appointment letter was never shared with me during the time of joining.

Would it still govern the subject?

Thanks

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     19 August 2021

Of course, it will govern.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More