LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sahil   20 October 2021

Apply in govt job with maiden name or husband surname ?

Respected experts

I wish to ask that my wife has all her degrees with her old surname but after marriage the adhaar, pan and passport has after marriage surname(that is husband surname).i have published in 2 newspapers also regarding the name change.

Now if she wants to apply for govt job, which name shall be given?the one with old surname or after marriage surname?

The issue is if name during application is asked according to matric, and also there is column of filling the adhaar number in online application, then what should be done?

Pls guide..

Thank you in advance

 1 Replies

MPS RAMANI (Scientist/Engineer)     21 October 2021

She can apply for Government job under any name. If any two documents contain two different names, she can also give a declaration regarding change of name along with copies of advertisement in newspapers. It would be better still if the name change is published in the gazettee under her own signature.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query