Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SidChiBharg (Software)     30 July 2012

Application u/s 21(b)

Hi Friends,

My estranged wife has filed various cases u/s section 13, 125 and 24 hma in the Family Court in Jaipur. In the last hearing I had also filed case u/s 340 perjury. The case of section 24 hma is also pending.

When we were getting the next date I heard the opposite party lawyer saying to the reader that the next date shouldn't be given long as the application u/s 21(B) HMA is pending. When the date was given and the other party went I asked the reader as to what would happen in the next date he said that in the next date the issues would be framed in the case u/s 13 i.e. divorce.

My Queries
==========

1. Under the application of my estranged wife in this case can the judge just order for 21(B) in her favor. Dosen't she has to give some reasons in her application u/s 21(B)? I mean that dosn't she would have to state in her petition the reasons why she wants a speedy trial. She would obviously give some flimsy reasons but then again everyone would apply in section 21(B) and then would the judge order for 21(B) in each case. There must surely be some criteria for the judge to accept the application u/s 21(B).

2. Also if her application is accepted u/s 21(B) then can I the husband in ay way oppose the application giving some valid reasons as in I would not be able to attend the day to day hearing owing to my professional commitments, also my health dosn't permit me to travel so frequently, etc. ?

The opposite party i.e. the girl is in a hurry for divorce so that she can remarry and the we would continue to be entangled in the 498a/406 cases and she would be a free bird. I am not in for mutual consent divorce as I won't be able to agree to their terms and conditions.

Please help to get out of this mess.

Thanks and Regard,
Sid

Learning

10 Replies

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     30 July 2012

when she files, 21B app., court orders - OTHER PARTY TO SAY on that app.

did u file ur say ?

always get certified copy after each hearing day, (including Roznama i.e. Order sheet) so that u will come to know - what happened in the previous hearing, what r the orders passed, what the next date is fixed for.

every1 here has a keen desire to expediate the proceedings.

u r lucky that ur matter is expediated without any effort on ur part.

further, court gives date as per its diary.

its the discretion of the court to accept / reject the 21B application depending upon various factors (i.e pendency of other cases etc.)

21B     Special provision relating to trial and  disposal of petitions under this Act

(1)        The trial of a petition under this Act shall, so far as is practicable consistently with the interests of justice in respect of the trial, be continued from day to day until its conclusion unless the court finds the adjournment of the trial beyond the following day to be necessary for reasons to be recorded.

(2)        Every petition under this Act shall be tried as expeditiously as possible and endeavor shall be made to conclude the trail within six months from the date of service of notice of the petition on the respondent

(3)        Every appeal under this Act shall be heard as expeditiously as possible, and endeavor shall be made to conclude the hearing within three months from the date of service of notice of appeal on the respondent.

Amit (NA)     30 July 2012

AFAIK, 21B generally does not succeed.

Don't worry. Since it's a contested divorce, expect it to take 2-3 yrs. After that too, you can file an appeal in HC.

Since she's in a hurry, she'll come for compormise sooner or later. You try to delay as much as possible. When she comes for compromise, ask her to drop all the cases against you and go for MCD.

1 Like

Originally posted by : Amit---------------

did u file ur say ?

always get certified copy after each hearing day, (including Roznama i.e. Order sheet) so that u will come to know - what happened in the previous hearing, what r the orders passed, what the next date is fixed for.

its the discretion of the court to accept / reject the 21B application depending upon various factors (i.e pendency of other cases etc.)

21B     Special provision relating to trial and  disposal of petitions under this Act

(1)        The trial of a petition under this Act shall, so far as is practicable consistently with the interests of justice in respect of the trial, be continued from day to day until its conclusion unless the court finds the adjournment of the trial beyond the following day to be necessary for reasons to be recorded.

(2)        Every petition under this Act shall be tried as expeditiously as possible and endeavor shall be made to conclude the trail within six months from the date of service of notice of the petition on the respondent

(3)        Every appeal under this Act shall be heard as expeditiously as possible, and endeavor shall be made to conclude the hearing within three months from the date of service of notice of appeal on the respondent.

Hi Amit, I haven't even been given a copy of 21(B) filed by the opposite party. So question of my say dosn't arises at all. I just heard the opposite party lawyer saying to the reader that the application u/s 21(B) is under consideration and that long date shouldn't be given. Yeah you are absolutly correct I would surely get the certified copy of each hearing day. Infact, I have even appplied for the certified copy of the ordersheet in my last hearing. Thanks and Regards, Sid.

did u file ur say ?

Hi Amit, I haven't even been given a copy of 21(B) filed by the opposite party. So question of my say dosn't arises at all. I just heard the opposite party lawyer saying to the reader that the application u/s 21(B) is under consideration and that long date shouldn't be given. Yeah you are absolutly correct I would surely get the certified copy of each hearing day. Infact, I have even appplied for the certified copy of the ordersheet in my last hearing. Thanks and Regards, Sid.

following copies should be obtained  after each hearing date :

application filed by pet / resp along with the court order.

order sheet. (roznama)

the copy of exh. 1, if any order is given on it.

JANAK RAJ VATSA (ADVOCATE)     30 July 2012

thei courts are extremely busy with hordes of cases piled up and multipying on daily basis. therefore it is an extreme possiblity that her appl u/s 21 b is going to survive, which would suite you in the long run.

dhirendra pateria (law officer)     30 July 2012

amit is right 

u r lucky that ur matter is expediated without any effort on ur part 

chalo bhai, 

since dec. 8th, 2011, somebody said that i m right !

SidChiBharg (Software)     31 July 2012

following copies should be obtained  after each hearing date :

application filed by pet / resp along with the court order.

order sheet. (roznama)

the copy of exh. 1, if any order is given on it.

Sure amit, from now on I would keep this in mind and obtain the certified copies of the documents which you have mentioned. Thanks.

SidChiBharg (Software)     31 July 2012

did u file ur say ?

Hi Amit,

As already mentioned in my original query, the opposite party i.e. the girl is in a hurry for divorce so that she can remarry and the we would continue to be entangled in the 498a/406 cases and she would be a free bird. I am not in for mutual consent divorce as I won't be able to agree to their terms and conditions.

So in this situation I would like to delay the divorce proceedings and get them frustrated. Would my say be counted in the court's decision to accept her 21(B) application or not. Also can I the husband in any way oppose the application giving some valid reasons as in I would not be able to attend the day to day hearing owing to my professional commitments, also my health dosn't permit me to travel so frequently, etc. ?

Please do advise.

Thanks and Regards,
Sid.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register