Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

asha v   15 October 2016

Apartment upper floor bathroom water leakage into lower floo

sir,

I am residing in a first floor flat of a private builidng.  I am owner of the flat say 101. There are 8 flats- 4 in each row.  The flat was handed over for occupancy during Dec 2014. Each floor bath room drain pipes are lowered into the lower floor bath room(both for water and toilet) and covered by false roofing.  Within 6 months, there is leakage of water from both pipes from flat say 201(upper floor) onto the false ceiling and into the bath room.  The flat owner is as usual rude and not accepting that the leakage is from his bathroom pipes.  From time to time, I took the services of private plumber and temporarily stopping the leakage.  Now the position has become grave.  Since he is not cooperative and adamant and since there is no association for the building,  can I remove all the pipes that are protruding into my bath room after giving him notice and is there any appeal procedure to get a ruling to shut off the pipes if he does not bear the cost of repairs/replacements.   The position is if I close all the pipes, then the upper floor has to shut down their flat for want of bath rooms.

please advise

v asha

Learning

1 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     15 October 2016

Asha ji condut AGM for your society and take permission from MC for changing pipeline. do it by 2/3 rd of majority record the minutes of meeting in proceeding book of society then you can do it.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register