Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Saravanan (NA)     17 June 2013

Apartment in dispute

I have booked an apartment 1 year back and i have paid all the amount to the builder and taken the possession 2 months back.I got my EB connection in my name and paid the property tax too.Last week i got a summon from one third party stating that the land in which apartment we reside is under dispute and they asked us to come to the court.

The opposite party is telling like part of thier land has been occupied by the builder and they constructed the apartemt.My flat is coming in that partail area as told by the opposite party.


My builder aggred to take this as thier issue and they are going to meet the opposite party in the court with the help of his lawyer.

Now my questions are


1) If the judgement comes against my builder ,what will happen?

2) they are going to demolish my flat?

3) if soo,who is responsible for my amount which i have paid to the builder?

4) what willhappen if my builder turns into silent if the judjement is against us?

5) Also if the case is running for 10 years and if the builder dies before that then who will be responsible for my money?


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 June 2013

if the judgement comes against builder, you can claim damages from the builder. If builder dyes, then his heirs.

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 June 2013

No. It is not. Registration is give information to owner regarding legal rights and obligations arising or affecting a property, and to perpendicular Documents which may afterwards be of legal importance, apart from preventing fraud.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register