Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mithun   06 August 2016

Apartment association issues

Hi Team,
I own one apartment out of the 28 apartments in North Bangalore near Banaswadi. The apartment association has decide the following things to reduce the monthly maintenance charges .
1.  The apartment association has removed Night security guard of the apartment and gates will be locked at 12 Midnight and re-open at 6 AM.

I work in odd shifts and usually return to home during late nights or early morning at 12.30 AM or 1 AM  and sometime i have to leave at 4 AM to airport , during which i have problem as i need to wake up the morning security guard who stays in the basement of my apartment and it is causing problem for me as he doesn't wake up early and i have to argue with him every time and i have informed apartment association they are not giving an ear to it. Second , i am also concerned about the security as someone might sneak in and break any house since no one will be there at night . I have to wait for 20-30 mins outside the gate which is also insecure.

2. To conserve diesel they don't turn on generator during day time , due to which lift will not be operational , Sine me and my family stays in 5th Floor , i had to call the security guy to turn on the generator in apartment every-time me or my family need to go down.

Can you please help me to understand ,What legal action i can take against the apartment association , since they are not listening to me and it is causing the above problems.

Secondly is there any mandatory rules in Karnataka Apartment association act  or Karnataka societies act  when a apartment association gets registered , that the apartment need maintain 24/7 security and 24/7 electricity ( Turn on the generator when power cut happens) .  

Thanks

Learning

3 Replies

(Guest)
Well, just for one person, asking to hire a night watchman all night or waking up the day watchman at 430 everyday seems unfair. Maybe you should ask for a set of keys to enter the apartments at night.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2016

If the inconvenience caused is substantial and if there are other persons similarly placed, you can take a jont stand and seek reconsideration of the decision.

P. Venu (Advocate)     07 August 2016

If the inconvenience caused is substantial and if there are other persons similarly placed, you can take a jont stand and seek reconsideration of the decision.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register