LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhijain (education)     18 March 2012

Answer sheet & university ( rtu kota)

From last 7 months I was fighting with Rajasthan Technical University for getting inspection of my answersheet of maths-2 exam conducted in june 2010 and result declared in May in which I failed again and again this was 3rd time when They declared me fail. Filed RTI in june  and fight continued till SIC Rajasthan and High court. The whole case time line and brief out line is here .

Chronology of Abhishek Jain’s answer sheet:

·        Appeared in the exam (Annual Back for  subject Mathematics-2) in June 2010

·        Result declared on 8, March 2011 but candidate’s was not declared. When RTU was contacted, he was told that the answersheet was misplaced. Asked him to submit attendance sheet photocopy from examination centre.

·        Finally marksheet declared by June 2011 and candidate came to know he had failed again in this exam. This is the only pending paper and he has passed 47 of 48 papers with a 78% scroe.

·        Candidate files RTI on 27 June 2011. Denied information quoting ordinance 157-A-16.

·        Went up to second appeal in Rajasthan Information Commission and simultaneously filed  writ in Rajasthan High Court, Jaipur.

·        HC judgment on 16 Dec 2011 asking RTU to show answer sheet within a month.

·        RIC decision on 3 Jan 2012 asking RTU to show answer sheet in 10 days.

·        On 3 Feb 2012 RTU exam controller invites candidate for “compromise” saying answersheet is in the dump. High court can’t give him relief so better he chooses the compromise – will conduct special exam for him and declare results in 7 days but before that he has to give in writing that he withdraws his case from HC and RIC too. Candidate neglects compromise offer.

·        Feb 2012: Candidate files complaint filed in RIC  (awaiting hearing) and contempt petition in High court (awaiting for hearing). RTU goes for review petition/appeal in both.

Mar 2012 : High court issued 14 days notice to compliance the order with show cause notice "why RTU not complianced high court order"


RTU invited me again on 16-Mar-2012 and declared  only my  Exam result for same subject conducted in 2012 and candidate declared passed and handovered final marksheet and degree.

But for this they took undersigned affidavit and declaration from me that my grievance is settled and now I am withdrawling my all cased and Appeal from high court and SIC rajasthan,


Now let me know this type of undertaking have any meaning in court ?? Can rtu use this declaration as a proof in high court if I continued with court and SIC Complaint.

I signed this declaration because I need degree immediate this fight is going to be long. Please suggest me shoule I withdrawl the case or continued if I signed the affidavit with 4 points.....

1. My Grievance is settled by University

2. My all compplaints is redressed by RTU kota.

3. I am withdrawling my all cases from high court and SIC against RTU

case no.....

rti appeal no....

rti complaint no......


sign of candidate. with roll no and fathers name







Please please guide me .........what do do next in this matter??


 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     18 March 2012

Answer sheets of board/university/public service commissions/professional exams

can be obtained/inspected by students


[Arising out of SLP [C] No.7526/2009]
Central Board of Secondary Education & Anr. … Appellants
Aditya Bandopadhyay & Ors. … Respondents


Full judgement at:

You were very close to your aim. You could have persisted. However you have mentioned that you had an exigencies.

Witnesses are your acquintances or chosen by Univ?

A competent lawyer may still be in a position to help you.

Valuable advice of learned experts/members is sought.

kiran (student)     20 March 2012

Letter taken by university by you does not have any legal value. If you wish, you can go with your case and prosecute the university officials..


new Amendment of SC you may inspection your answersheet under RTI to pay the fee of Rs. 500/- Per answersheet.

File a inspection application.

But would said answersheet kept by university till yet  ?


Dear If you have full confidence that you have done well in the examination than don't wait just file a petition before HC. You will get relief.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register