LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Soumya Pal (test)     28 June 2019

Annulment on the basis of force

Hi, I am a 30 years old female living a independent life.Starting from last year my parents were putting emotional pressure on me to get marriaed. Last year I met a guy who is working in Canada and once both the families met each other we had finalized that this year January we will have our marriage registered. Eventually this year January I was engaged to this guy and had subsequently registered our marriage.All these time my parrents were putting emotial pressure for this marriage. After the registration my husband had left and now I am being able to persuade my parents that I do not want to continue with this relationship as I was never mentally into this. Can I now file for an annulment for my marriage on the basis that my parents had forced me into the marriage.What evidence would be required to for me to proof the above?


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     29 June 2019

Getting marriage, starting a family is a very personal decision that needs to be well thought out and given serious consideration. I suggest you to read some wives duties in the human life in a small time ofevery life of every body.

Shashi Dhara   29 June 2019

U cannot take that ground for annulment of marriage.u file divorce on mutual consent or separation if not contest it that u have no interest in marriage to perform marital rights and seek divorce.

test123   29 June 2019

No one pointed a gun on your head.... Just because you are female, judge will not make any decisions on your baseless story. Annulment option is out the door. MCD only option. After MCD, you will be tagged as used vehicle and will be getting married again with divorce male. Lawyer will open their mouth what you love to hear but they won't Tell you the other side of problem...

P. Venu (Advocate)     03 July 2019

Yes, MCD is the only option for you, if you are so adamant in not continuing with the present marriage.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query