LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

abhi (student)     30 June 2013

Ancestral property transfer

Hello there

My grandfather has land of around 6 acres in his name on 7/12.

This property is under one survey no.and combination of ancestral land(4 acres) and self earned (2 acres) .

now my grandfather want to transfer the entire property to my dad.

will you plz tell me about  procedure , concerned  govt offices those  will come in picture in this entire task

please reply.


 4 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     30 June 2013

Since ancestral property rights comes to your dad and your dad brothers. Grand father self acquired property (2 acres) can transfer to your dad through WILL document. 

R.R. KRISHNAA (Legal Manager)     30 June 2013

I agree with Mr. Rama Chary.  Your grandfather can transfer his self acquired property to your father but not the ancestral property.

2BHelpfull (Other)     01 July 2013

i agree with the above reply that self acquired property can be trf by will to ur dad.

contact local lawyer who will guide u after seeing all the document.

prakharved (Medical officer)     02 July 2013



You have not mentioned if your father has any brother or susters. If he has siblings then the ancestral property would be divided amongst all the children. Please give more information.


For the tranfer of properties, certificates like encumbrance certificates, succession certificates are required, and a few other documents are required. you should get in touch with a property lawyer. To get easy access to the information regarding the documents required, the government procedures, the cost and the time frame of tranferring a property, you can post your question on Here your question would be addressed in writing by the practising property lawyers. The exact procedure would be described after taking into account the state laws as the State Property Laws vary.



1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register