LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vignesh (EXECUTIVE)     16 September 2013

Ancestral property rights

My Grandfather owned ancestral property. None of them are self acquired. Had 4 daughters and 1 son. Due to family burden he sold property one by one without any consent of family members. In some cases with his sons (My fathers) signature only.

Final left property is house. One of the daughter gave some money to grand father and registered part of the house to her name. In this case son (My Father) was alive during registration but not signed the document. My father expired due to health concerns afterwards. Now grandfather and grandmother died recently.

No one is aware of this registration of part of this house. She is now claiming ownership of that portion showing that document. Is it legal? Please advise how to deal with this. Are we (as grandsons) having any rights as legal heirs in my fathers absence on this ancestral property.

Is there any possibility of establishing this left out house as common to heirs without any division? Extending Permanent enjoying benefit (Not to sell / mortage) to heirs children and their generations afterwards.

Is there any provision to make permanent enjoying benefit happen in this case? If so What is the procedure?

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register