Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SRINIVAS (Partner)     19 October 2013

Ancestral property flow in case of female

Hello Experts,

One father died intestate 1984. His properties are pending for partition among his children.

1. Can one right a will for her share?

2. Will this property be considered as ancestral if one child is a daughter or her own according to section 14 of Hindu Succession Act 1956?

Thanks in advance.

Learning

3 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2013

daugheter has a right. your query is vague. who has written or wants to write a will. who acquired the property and how.

Nagesh (prop)     19 October 2013

Hello Experts,

My grandfather has made a will in which he has mentioned the property belongs to his 2 sons and here I want to know that my mother (his daughter) is entitled for clam of the parental property.  Further her mother was also holding some portion of property, even there my uncles have taken WILL from her that she also mentioned the property for her 2 sons. Here my question is my mother entitled for any portion of parental property?

SRINIVAS (Partner)     21 October 2013

Thank you for your quickly reply. A father has 8 children (7 daughters & 1 son). This father died in 1984 leaving his property without any declaration(died intestate). This property is not yet divided between his children till date. My question is can a daughter(1 of seven daughters), write a will of her share which she will get after division?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register