LAW Courses
LAW Courses

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

adipadi   11 May 2016

Ancestral property

i belong to hindu family
my grandfather expired in 1995 leaving a house and open space(self earned ) attached to it  without making any will
leaving  9 children... 4 sons 5 daughters and his wife (grandmother )

my father being eldest left us in 2010 and grandmother left in 2012
now the house is occupied by my 2uncles who have been staying there since birth
now as the time has passed the legal heirs including the grandsons have felt the need for partition
but the papers are with one of the daughter who claims that she was looking after the goodwill of the house so not letting to proceed
my query is
1 .how to retrieve the papers from her
2. are daughters equally entitled to share
3. how can we take the documents from local muncipal if possible ..and know the current status
4. can she tamper tarnish or forgery the documents ..or create fake will

5 . i being grandson how much i am entitled demised father has left behind his wife 2 sisters 4

experts plz advice
thanks in advance

 4 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     11 May 2016

In the title of query you have posted that:

'it is ancestral property'

In the body  of query/your 1st post  you have posted that:

'it is self earned property'


What exatcly it is?


Believing that it is self earned/acquired and you are Hindu:

Your father' share is 1/10th from grandfather's share and equal share for your grandmother and other children.

Your father' share is 1/9th from grandmother's share.

Your share is 1/4th from your father's share.

The property documnets can be obtained from  authority under whose jurisdiction the property falls.

Forgery is offence.





Rightly guided by the expert. 

adipadi   12 May 2016

thank u sri kumar doab and adv rit arora
rescpected sirs, the afore mentioned "self earned" means property earned by grandfather
my doubt is how can we retrieve the document from the daughter who is having the papers

Kumar Doab (FIN)     12 May 2016

It has already been posted that: 'The property documnets can be obtained from  authority under whose jurisdiction the property falls.'


You may consult an able counsel specializing in family/property/revenue/civil matters.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query